Friday, February 20, 2015

Up to Day 51...an unintended hiatus

Sorry for the lack of daily pictures recently.  I was not feeling well, and ended up going to Ulaanbaatar to meet with my Peace Corps doctor and get some tests, and now I have come to Thailand, which is the regional medical hub for Peace Corps in Asia.  It seems that I should have no problem returning to Mongolia and finishing out my service this summer, which is good news!  In the meantime, I have some unexpected time to spend in Thailand--somehow I think I will be able to keep myself busy here!


Here are some pictures from the last few weeks--since its been so cold in Mongolia and I haven't been feeling up to it, I don't have a picture for every day.  But hopefully I can make up for it with lots of pictures in Bangkok!  More updates to come soon.


The best selfie I have with a poncho I recently made.  I couldn't seem to get in focus and keep my eyes open in time for the timer to go off!

Myrtle is always ready to go for a walk or play with the puppies that live in our courtyard.  She lets me know by standing by my apartment door and looking pitiful.

I miss these ladies! They are holding down the fort in Chinggis City.  Also, Myrtle is convinced that she is a lap dog--everyone else is less convinced.

The frozen Kherlen River, just outside of town.  You can see people playing volleyball on the river in the distance.

Myrtle and I going for a walk.

While I was in UB, I got new glasses!  

View from the Hong Kong airport.  I didn't have the time to check out the city, but I hope I can come back in the future!

Spending a few hours at the Hong Kong airport before my flight to Bangkok.

Sunset at the Hong Kong airport on my way to Thailand.

Made it to Bangkok!

Traffic wasn't terrible, but I am planning on staying an avid pedestrian.

My mission in Bangkok: get better, and drink as much iced tea and coffee as I can!  Many food pictures to follow.









No comments:

Post a Comment