Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I bought a camera!

This is an initial review of the camera I just received, a Sony alpha NEX-F3 mirrorless digital camera.  It is a step up from a normal point and shoot, with many versatile features and interchangeable lenses.  I think it will be a good beginner camera for me, since I have never used a more complex camera for any length of time.  Here are some random photos I have taken so far:


The NEX-F3 has a tiltable LCD screen, so you can take pictures of yourself!  It is sort of awkward to do this though, since adjusting the lens and everything is difficult when the camera is facing you.  I'm sure it will get better with practice.

One of the many features allows for a gentle blurring of the background.  You can choose the amount of blurring (or clarity) you prefer, which can create some neat photos.

In comparison to any other camera I have owned, the low light photos are phenomenal.  This shot was taken with only a small candle as the light in the room.  I definitely want to try some nice twilight and night landscapes soon.

Here is another added effect: you can choose a darkened halo like this, or many other filters that can add a lot to a photo.  

And to finish this post, here is my latest knitting project: a pair of mittens!  Well, not a pair yet, as I only have the right mitten done.  I am going to make a headband or hat to match as well.  It is my first foray into two color knitting that isn't double knitting (meaning that it isn't reversible), and it is an interesting technique!  I bought a book of hat, scarves, and mittens patterns that include more two color patterns to develop this skill more.  And now that I have this great camera, hopefully I will be better at documenting my creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment