Monday, January 28, 2013

Adventures in the Strip District

The Strip.  Where to begin when describing such a wonderful place?

The strip district is a neighborhood in Pittsburgh full of shops and street vendors, and it is the place to be every Saturday morning, when it is packed with lots and lots of shoppers.  I like to go every week that I can make it--mostly just to enjoy the atmosphere, although there are some great shops with good deals.




One of the best coffee shops I have ever been to--everything I have ordered here has been delicious!




















A beautiful Polish Catholic Church.  The interior is full of stained glass and the stations of the cross in Polish.


A whiskey tasting at a distillery nearby!


Important places in the strip that I don't have pictures of yet: the best taco stand in the world at Reyna's Mexican Grocery, a Saturday morning farmer's market, several other coffee shops, and other specialty stores (Penn Mac, a Biscotti Company, an urban winery, and so many more).  Every time I go to the Strip, I discover more.  It is one of my favorite places in Pittsburgh!











No comments:

Post a Comment